Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Ugly Shoes

I admit it I was seduced by the story (it is a great build your own company, create your own destiny type of story) and the sales growth is something just shy of straight up. Plus I see tons of them on people’s feet.

Crocs (CROX) has had stellar growth since coming public this year. I stayed out even as the stock doubled. When it hit $50 a share I was thinking Holy Cow!! The pull back to the $45’s, I thought, offered a good entry point.
Bought some at $45.50 (11-20-06) I know, the day before insider lockup expired. Not one of my greater decisions. The next day it started dropping and when it hit $42.95 I doubled my position on margin this time no less. I thought of all those on the message boards screaming about one trick ponies, fads, and catching falling knives. Well I was a little gun shy so I sold some covered calls on half of my position (Dec 45’s @ $1.60) Still think that was a good idea.

Yesterday I watched as the market sold off and my SNDK took a real big hit and my ugly shoes drifted lower. Today CROX comes back a little and SNDK drops more. Now the head games start. How far do I let either one of them go? Buy back the options and sell the stock? Admit a mistake? Hang on write some covered calls in Dec. that way I at least have some money coming in? The mind does crazy things when you’re bleeding money. I’ll let you know.

That’s it for today keep your eye on your EveryDay Money

No comments: